Roof Repairs in Canton
A leaky roof at your Canton home or business does not necessarily mean you are faced with complete roof restoration. Some local roofing companies in Canton might try to persuade you, but when is a complete roof replacement necessary? Not as often as you would think. Here are some helpful tips on what factors to consider when you are deciding to repair or replace your roof with Georgia Roofmasters:
- How old is your roof? Experts in the industry say that if your roof is less than eight years old, you are better off calling a roofing company for repairs and not a complete replacement.
- Is your roof still under warranty? Parts of your roof might be under warranty, such as the shingles. This is worth considering before tackling a complete overhaul of your roof.
- What’s the damage? Determining exactly what is wrong with your roof can be difficult if you are not a professional roofing contractor. So if you find yourself unsure, call Georgia Roofmasters and we will perform a thorough investigation to find out what needs to be done. The common problems that call for simple repairs include leaking skylights, damaged chimney flange, and damaged shingles. If there is no significant shingle damage, repairs are probably more cost-effective. Multiple damaged areas may be an indicator that it is time to replace your roof.
- Long-term or short-term? If you are planning to stay in your home for years to come, perhaps a long-term investment like a roof replacement is in order. However, if you can only afford to think in the short-term, or you are planning on selling your home, perhaps repairs are the best course of action.
These questions can be hard to answer on your own. If you feel overwhelmed or unsure about how to proceed, why not give Canton’s reliable roofers a call for roofing advice? Georgia Roofmasters roofing repair contractors provide honest and professional roof estimates for any type of roof problem, along with a range of roofing services.
Emergency Roof Repairs
Many problems that you will encounter with your roof will come out of nowhere, like rain. And anyone who is familiar with the weather in Canton knows: when it rains, it pours.
That’s why we feel it is important to let know you that Georgia Roofmasters offers 24/7 around-the-clock emergency service.You will likely only notice a leak until water is already leaking through it. And at that point, time is of the essence. Every passing second could result in severe damage to your home. Some of the potential consequences of a neglected leaking roof include:
Cost-Effective Roof Repair
Identifying your roof problem and consulting with a Georgia Roofmasters roof specialist promptly protects your investment, safety and is more cost-effective in the long run. Our qualified roofing ream has come across just about every roofing problem, and there hasn’t been one we were unable to solve yet! Following is a list of the most common roof problems:
Common Canton Roof Problems
Worn Out Roofing Material – When the protective surface of asphalt shingles becomes worn and thin, granules can harden over time resulting bare spots on the roof of your Canton commercial or residential property. In addition, these loose granules will eventually accumulate in gutters causing addition pressure and increased threaten the integrity of the entire roof.
Broken Singles – Often caused by extreme weather conditions, broken or torn shingles make a roof susceptible to water infiltrations by providing easy entry points where they are torn particularly on low sloped roofs where water can tend to pool causing further damage. Shingles at the peak of a roof are also easily torn off due to high winds.
Curling Shingles – Strong winds can cause shingles to curl upwards and may eventually succeed in tearing them right off a roof entirely. In addition to water damage, the roof on a your commercial or residential property in Canton can then become particularly vulnerable to moisture related problems that may develop into health hazards from the development of mold and mildew.
Buckling Roofing material – Once of the first visible signs of deterioration on a roof is material that has begun to buckle and when shingles no longer appears smooth. Water and excessive moisture will eventually cause warping in the roof deck that can be traced to poor ventilation and defective wood material in the attic.
Damaged Flashing - Cracked and frayed shingles and poorly applied and dried out caulking near flashings, vents, chimneys and vertical wall joints eventually lead to costly roof problems if not repaired promptly. Consult a licensed roof inspector at Georgia Roofmasters for cost effective roof repair that saves you money in the long run and includes qualified roof restoration and a range of roof services that include:
- Roofing inspections
- Roof deck replacement and repair
- Roof ventilation inspection and installation
- Preventive maintenance
- Emergency roof repair
How to Find a Reliable Roofing Contractor for Roof Repair in Canton
Whether you have a leaky roof or require complete roof restoration, ensure that the roofing contractor you are working with is a professional roof installer and industry certified. Georgia Roofmasters recommends going through the following checklist when searching for expert roof repair services. A qualified roofing contractor should offer:
- Free quotes and detailed work estimates.
- Customer testimonials and references.
- Proof that they are licensed and insured as a reputable roofing contractor in Canton.
- Labor and product warranties.
- Extensive roof repair experience.
- Administrative offices at an accessible location.